h two, four, six, ate: the art of shopping

27 November, 2006

 

the art of shopping

Stopped by again at my favourite store to ask about my enamel truffle sign and pot au chocolat. Nothin' yet.

I didn't leave empty handed though. I bought an old menu card from an outbound voyage from England to Australia in 1924 on the R.M.S "Ormonde"; an invoice template from Daburon Freres for truffles and foies gras; some drinks lists from 1930 served by english catering company J.Lyons & Co Ltd; and some old wine labels.

I would like to get some menu cards from the 19th century. Haven't seen any yet. Also, I'll purchase a set of blank menu cards at a later date. These will be perfect for dinner parties.

I love my little purchases!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?