h two, four, six, ate: stopping for a breather

11 October, 2006

 

stopping for a breather

Guess what? I had a normal, yes, normal, relaxing weekend for the first time in a loooooong while. I was able to get my papers in on time and wow, what a relief. As a result, I rewarded myself with an entire weekend of chilling out and doing what normal people do on weekends.

October is Good Food Month, so yeeha to that. I always approach the GFM with good intentions of getting my act together and booking events in advance. Somehow, it just creeps up on me and the next thing you know, that bloody event that you really really wanted to go to has been bloody sold out. Oh well. I went to the Pyrmont Growers Market though, as per usual. I didn't go overboard, just stocked up on the basics - those evil icecream sandwiches, streaky bacon, ravioli, creme fraiche, duck, duck eggs etc. Had to remind myself that the markets will be on every weekend this month so I didn't buy my usual stock to feed a gang of....2.

Went to the beach for the rest of the day, then met my man after his very successful mountain bike ride with the boys. He bought a new bike the other day and was very keen on taking it out for a road test. This bike is the mother of all bikes.....and with a price tag to match. I was shocked that bikes could cost that much. Doubt my orange malvern star could compare, but it was cool and it got me to the corner shop to buy a big bag of greasy soggy chips for a dollar.

Comments:
Your list of "essentials" cracked me up. But you know, I can't really talk...
 
actually, yeah! Smoked venison woman.......

Sorry I didn't make it to the markets beginning November. I slept in as well!

Will have to wait until next month for icecream sandwiches.

BTW: I bring my cylinder container every month to be refilled - surely they should throw in an extra sandwich for my efforts?!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?