h two, four, six, ate: discipline

08 November, 2006

 

discipline

I'm working from home now which is a nice experiment indeed. I test my self discipline every day and if marked, I'd probably be a distinction average.

Except, there are days when my distinction average is affected. Take Melbourne Cup day for instance. I was disciplined enough to decline offers for a long boozy lunch, but not disciplined enough to run to the pub to place a few bets and then watch the race on tv. Probably a credit there.

Then, there were the delivery guys (middle aged) a couple of days ago who came around to replace our dryer. My discipline took me to the the kitchen where I just HAD to bake a sticky date pudding and eat most of it with delicious globs of double thick cream. Hmm, low credit (but HD for the pudding).

And then today, I was disciplined enough to sit outside on the balcony to 'continue' working while the cleaners were in the house. That's a distinction. But, our cleaners told me that the only reason they love coming here is that he only spends 70% of his time cleaning, and 30% with fat cat, while his wife spends 50% cleaning, and 50% with fat cat! They love him to bits. Infact, the first thing they do when they come through the door is look for him, then they both cuddle him and talk to him for ages while he just laps it all up. That has to be a pass/credit average. Hmmm......self discipline.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?