h two, four, six, ate: off to the bay

30 November, 2006

 

off to the bay

My man and I packed our overnighter and impulsively took the old lady down to Jervis Bay for a couple of nights. The old girl made it! She's a car by the way.

I think JB has the most gorgeous beaches in the world. Yup, big call, but check out Murray Beach for example. Best beach ever. Tested out my prescription goggles that my man bought me a while ago. I can see underwater now!!

Hyams is always a goodie. I love how it has managed to maintain its village feel after all these years. There were a few notable flash beach pads that have cropped up but not overwhelming so. Love how there is only one shop in the village. The guy behind the counter at the cafe needs some serious lessons on customer service though. And the hot chocolate is probably best referred to as hot confectionary. But, you can always be assured that your cold, icy calypso (in 3 flavours) is waiting in the freezer to be lapped up after a lazy hot day at the beach.

We got burnt though. Red like lobsters. And we ate a lot, slept a lot, read a lot. Perfect relaxation even if only for a few days.

Then, it was back home to catch sunset by the harbour. Just a quick pit stop to pick up a pot of ripe, gooey Clarines, a wedge of sharp Bleu de Brebis, lingue, some fresh oysters, sashimi, a bottle of champagne, and of course a picnic blanket. Then, with a couple of friends, we feasted while watching the sunset, my favourite time in the day......and toasted happy birthday to moi.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?