h two, four, six, ate: ladies who lunch ('LWL')

09 February, 2007

 

ladies who lunch ('LWL')

I've noticed too many of them today. And they all look the same...........white trousers, perfect hair, makeup, pedicures, manicures, designer handbags and enormous sunglasses all chatting away over bowls of salads.

I witness this on most days however, as a full time student, I don't think I qualify as a lady who lunches. Normally, I surface from my study, blinking at the sunlight while I dash off to grab something quick and easy to appease my growling belly. I never look as glamorous as the LWL. I'm always dressed in daggy cargos, a t shirt and daggy uncombed hair shoved in a ponytail.

Today, my heavily pregnant friend and I decided to grab some lunch. As usual, the LWL brigade were in full force. Looking around at the cafe, we realised that there were NO men! Just a whole troup of females - some tables looked like exact replicas of each other. It was too stepford wives and it was spooky.

What do they do all day? Wouldn't you get bored? I wonder. Given the opportunity, would you become an LWL?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?